The Video Game Librarian Pick of the Week is a tie between Fallout 4 (PC, PS4, Xbox One) and Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One, Xbox 360).
Bethesda’s Fallout 4 gives players plenty to do as it’s the latest open world post-apocalyptic game from the developer. The first-person RPG will let players explore New England in the aftermath of a nuclear war and create a wholly unique character and adventure. Players will even be able to craft an entire city to serve as their base of operations.
Meanwhile, Rise of the Tomb Raider will be the second game to explore Lara Croft’s early adventures. Developer by Crystal Dynamics, with assistance from co-publishers Square Enix and Microsoft, Rise of the Tomb Raider will show the part where Lara Croft changes from an amateur archaeologist and adventurer into “The Tomb Raider.”
Also of note this week is Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void (PC), the finale to Blizzard’s “Starcraft II Trilogy.” Focusing on the Protoss faction, the standalone game will actually “unite the three races in the ultimate battle for survival against an ancient evil threatening all life in the universe.”
All Links in “This Week’s New Releases + Game News” are Provided by Warp Zoned.
New Release Round-Up
- Retail Releases: Fallout 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, StarCraft: Legacy of the Void, more
- Nintendo Download: Nintendo Badge Arcade, Contra Advance: The Alien Wars EX, Stella Glow, more
- PlayStation Store: Fallout 4, Super Dodge Ball, Superbeat: Xonic, more
- Xbox Games Store (Wednesday): Rise of the Tomb Raider, Fallout 4, more
Feature Articles From Warp Zoned
New Game Announcements
- Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past and Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King will be released for the 3DS in 2016.
- Square Enix and Dontnod will give Life Is Strange a retail release early next year.
- Just days before Ronda Rousey lost her luster of invincibility, EA announced she would be the cover athlete for next Spring’s EA Sports UFC 2.
- Blizzard confirmed that Overwatch will be coming to the PS4 and Xbox One in addition to the PC.
- More than 113 games will be playable at the 2015 PlayStation Experience.
- Friday the 13th: The Video Game was fully funded on Kickstarter.
- The Mega Man Legacy Collection retail edition will launch on February 23 alongside a 3DS Collector’s Edition that’ll include a Gold Amiibo figure.
- Halo 5: Guardians was the best-selling game of October 2015 according to the NPD Group.
- Final Fantasy VII’s Cloud will join Super Smash Bros. For 3DS/Wii U as a playable character in the near future.
- Nintendo announced Star Fox Zero will launch on April 22, 2016.
- Linkin Park, Audioslave, and Godsmack took the stage in the latest Rock Band 4 DLC Update.
- Microsoft has released the full list of Xbox 360 titles that are now compatible with Xbox One Backwards Compatibility.