The Video Game Librarian Pick of the Week is Tales From the Borderlands (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One), a collected edition of the episodic Borderlands spinoff. Developed by Telltale Games, players will travel back to Pandora for a story brimming with intrigue, adventure, and humor. Fans of Telltale’s previous titles will love it and fans of the Borderlands franchise will love it.
All Links in “This Week’s New Releases + Game News” are Provided by Warp Zoned.
New Release Round-Up
- Retail Releases: Tales From the Borderlands, Pokemon Rumble World, Sega 3D Classics Collection, more
- Nintendo Download: Xenoblade Chronicles, Mini Mario & Friends, Sega 3D Classics Collection, more
- PlayStation Store: Alienation, Hitman: Episode 2, The Walking Dead: Michonne – Episode 3, more
- Xbox Games Store (Wednesday): Hitman: Episode 2, The Walking Dead: Michonne – Episode 3, Elite Dangerous: Arena, more
- Xbox Games Store (Friday): DC Universe Online, Paranautical Activity, JumpJet Rex
The eyes of the gaming world were pointed at Boston last weekend for the annual PAX East convention. And with another knockout show, publisher and developers did not disappoint. Over the weekend, we saw Mira take a bite out of Killer Instinct Season 3, Jason deliver the coup de grace in Friday the 13th: The Game, and Deathstate begin its journey towards a PS4 and Xbox One launch.
But the biggest news from the week may be that Nintendo will launch their mysterious NX console in March 2017. Not only that, but The Legend of Zelda Wii U will also receive a simultaneous release on the new console.
New Game Announcements
- EA announced NHL 17 and they want your help picking a cover athlete.
- Nintendo’s next mobile games will be based on Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing.
- John Romero launched a Kickstarter campaign for Blackroom before suspending it just a few days later to work on a playable demo.
- John Romero hacked together another old school Doom map in his spare time.
- A big time jump is in store for The Walking Dead Season 3.
- An open beta for Fallout 4’s Creation Kit and modding tools is now available on the PC.
- The King of Fighters XIV will be released on August 23 in a special Day One Edition.
- Doom – “Single-Player Campaign”
Rumor Has It
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is unofficially very real, but Activision insisted on releasing a video tease for this year’s villain anyway.
- Koei Tecmo is developing at least one game for Nintendo’s NX.
- What Makes the Final Fantasy Franchise Tick?