The Video Game Librarian Pick of the Week is Monster Hunter Generations, a monster hunting game for the 3DS from Capcom.
The Monster Hunter franchise got its more than a decade ago, and since then, its built a small, but loyal, following among gamers. The latest entry in the series, Monster Hunter Generations, will add new customization options and a new crop of monstrous bosses.
A few other new releases should also be on your radar this week. That includes Songs of the Deep (PC, PS4, Xbox One), a side-scrolling “MetroidVania” from Insomniac Games and exclusively available at GameStop, that follows a young girl who goes under the sea to rescue her missing father. Also of note is Resident Evil 5, a PS4/Xbox One re-release of the popular co-op title; and Ghostbusters (PC, PS4, Xbox One), a tie-in game partly based on the new movie.
All Links in “This Week’s New Releases + Game News” are Provided by Warp Zoned.
New Release Round-Up
- Retail Releases: Ghostbusters, Song of the Deep, Monster Hunter Generations, more
- Nintendo Download: Tumblestone, Monster Hunter Generations, four Virtual Console games, more
- PlayStation Store: Kerbal Space Program, Song of the Deep, Ghostbusters, more
- Xbox Games Store (Wednesday): Song of the Deep, Ghostbusters, The Solus Project, more
- Xbox Games Store (Friday): Tumblestone, Kerbal Space Program, MX vs ATV Supercross Encore, more
Warp Zoned’s Weekly Warp-Up
Christmas is coming early this year, because earlier this week, Nintendo announced they will release the NES Classic Edition, a microconsole pre-loaded with 30 games this November. Yes, it’s just a repackaged Wii with a variety of Virtual Console content on a hard drive, but it is also undeniably awesome.
There in’t much else to talk about this week (probably too many people obsessed with Pokemon Go), but believe it or not, employees from Ubisoft actually helped educate the world on the correct way to pronounce Ubisoft. Turns out, everybody’s right!
Elsewhere on Warp Zoned, UK Correspondent Andrew Rainnie turned his crowdfunding eye towards Escape From Pleasure Planet in the latest edition Kickstart This! and I reviewed Tumblestone, your new favorite puzzle game.
New Game Announcements
- Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair will invade Steam on July 18.
- Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition will be released September 20 and it’ll include all 26 characters.
Pre-Launch Updates and Release Date Announcements
- The first episode from Batman: The Telltale Series will debut in August and the first trailer will be released next week.
- 2K announced an extremely limited NXT Edition for WWE 2K17.
- Square Enix will bring a climbing wall, go-kart course, and seven playable games to Comic-Con this year.
- Nintendo is bringing 15 games to Comic-Con this year… but not The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
- Fallout Shelter arrived on the PC this week.
- NetherRealm will reveal two new Injustice 2 characters at Comic-Con this year.
Other Game News
- EA will add an offline Skirmish Mode to Star Wars: Battlefront next week.
- Blizzard unveiled Overwatch’s first post-launch Hero… the “Support Sniper” Ana Amari.
- Pokemon Go will get Pokemon trading, new Gym features, and leaderboards in a future update.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III – “Descent DLC Pack Launch Trailer”