This article is from the first edition of The Video Game Librarian website I published between 2008 and 2010. It was originally written on December 8, 2008.
Back in September, a Pew Internet study revealed that 97% of teenagers play video games. Impressive, but hardly a revelation. Their latest study might provide a bit more of a surprise.
That study, Adults and Video Games, revealed that the majority of adults in America love video games:
- 53% of American adults play video games of some kind
- 81% of Americans aged 18-29 play video games of some kind
- 23% of Americans aged 65+ play video games of some kind
They also found that elderly gamers play more often than young adult gamers:
- 20% of young adults (aged 18-29) who play video games play everyday
- 36% of elderly adults (aged 65+) who play video games play everyday
The full report can be found in PDF form at the official website for Pew Internet.